UGo NightRide Shuttles
The UGo NightRide Shuttle routes cover the campus core as well as the Hyde Park neighborhood with shuttles that leave every 15-30 minutes. Riders can access a shuttle within one to two blocks of nearly every building on campus. All College Housing residence halls are designated NightRide shuttle stops as well. To ride the shuttles, riders are asked to tap their valid UChicago-issued ID or University of Chicago Medicine ID on a card reader each time they board. See the Shuttle ID Guidelines page for more information.
Hours of Operation
- Sunday through Wednesday: 5 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Thursday through Saturday: 5 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Shuttle Staging Locations
- North Route – southeast corner of University Avenue and 57th Street
- South Route – southeast corner of Ellis Avenue and 60th Street
- East Route – in front of Ellis Garage across from the Ratner Athletics Center
- Central Route – southeast corner of University Avenue and 57th Street
- Regents Express (pilot) - in front of Ellis Garage across from the Ratner Athletics Center
- 5 p.m. to midnight – Each route operates on approximate wait times of 15-25 minutes
- Midnight to close – Frequency is reduced to every 30 minutes. Shuttles will leave the hub on the hour and half-past the hour
- For all routes, the final departure from the transit hub is at 3:30 a.m. Sunday through Wednesday, and at 5:30 a.m. Thursday through Saturday
To track the movement of the shuttles, check TransLoc on a mobile app and on display monitors in the lobbies of several campus buildings. TransLoc provides the most up-to-date information for all UGo shuttles and CTA buses that operate on or near campus.
Additionally, any students, faculty, or staff members can use the Safety Escort Program, a service offered by the University of Chicago Police Department. Anyone concerned about their safety can call the UCPD at 773.702.8181 and the next available patrol or security officer will respond to escort you to your destination.
The UGo NightRide shuttles are continually monitored and evaluated to provide the best, most useful service. Riders are invited to offer feedback on the UGo NightRide Shuttle program to firstname.lastname@example.org.
South Loop Shuttle
The South Loop Shuttle departs Friday and Saturday nights from 57th Street and University Avenue and drops off at the south entrance of Roosevelt Station in the South Loop. The shuttle from the South Loop back to campus picks up riders at the same place, the south entrance of Roosevelt Station. The shuttle departs campus beginning at 6 p.m., every hour on the hour through midnight. The shuttle leaves Roosevelt Station beginning at 6:30 p.m., every hour on the half hour through 12:30 a.m.
Use Roosevelt Station to connect to Red, Green, and Orange line trains and several CTA bus routes. Visit transitchicago.com for more information. Show your UChicago ID or University of Chicago Medicine ID to ride the free South Loop Shuttle.
Please note: the South Loop Shuttle does not operate during academic breaks or during Summer Quarter.
(Updated January 2, 2018)