Trainings and Educational Videos
Emergencies and disasters can strike at any time and have severe consequences on the health and safety of the community. Accordingly, the University of Chicago Emergency Management Program encourages all students, faculty, and staff to prepare for emergencies by receiving training in emergency management tenets and protective safety measures.
The Office of Emergency Management has created the following training to help the University community prepare for and react to emergencies
The following links provide external training resources and educational videos for individual preparedness to be used for informational purposes only.
Individual Training Resources
- Are You Ready? An In-depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness
- Introduction to the Incident Command System for Higher Education
- ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
- Active Shooter: What You Can Do
External Training Programs
- Alert Chicago Preparedness Training Opportunities
- Centers for Disease Control Emergency Preparedness and Response Training and Education
- Campus Ready