May 23, 2016
Safety Month Events Planned for June
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) will celebrate National Safety Month this June to focus on reducing the leading causes of injury and death at work, on the road, in our homes and communities.
Meet and talk with EHS, the Office of Research Safety, and the University of Chicago Police Department. Spin the prize wheel to win items such as hats, lunch coolers, flashlights, and stainless steel water bottles. Grab a snack (cookies and popcorn) and pick up safety literature for the workplace or home.
Look for the EHS safety tent outdoors every Wednesday in June from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the following locations:
- June 1: Ratner Athletic Center (Rain location: Ratner lobby)
- June 8: Reynolds Club Hutchinson Courtyard (Rain location: Reynolds Club Marketplace)
- June 15: Main Quad (Rain location: Reynolds Club Marketplace)
- June 22: Crerar Quad (Rain location: Gordon Center for Integrated Sciences 3rd floor mezzanine accessible by the first floor west elevators)
- June 29: Facilities Services Building on Cottage Grove (Rain location: Inside Facilities Services Building on Cottage Grove Avenue)
All University faculty, students, and staff are welcome to participate in these events.