UGo NightRide Shuttles
The University provides a comprehensive nighttime shuttle service to the entire campus community on a fixed schedule along highly used routes. The UGo NightRide Shuttle routes cover the campus core as well as the Hyde Park neighborhood. Riders are able to access a shuttle within one to two blocks of nearly every building on campus. Routes are designated with specific University destinations in mind to make traveling around campus easy. All College Housing residence halls are designated as a destination stop.
Shuttles leave their hub area approximately every 15-30 minutes; see the schedule below. To track the movement of the shuttles, check TransLoc on a mobile app and on display monitors in the lobbies of several campus buildings. TransLoc provides the most up-to-date information of all UGo NightRide shuttle locations, arrival times, and any route announcements.
All UGo Shuttle riders are asked to tap their valid University of University of Chicago Medicine ID on a card reader each time they board a shuttle. See the Shuttle ID Guidelines page for more information.
UGo NightRide Schedule
Hours of operation:
- Sunday through Wednesday: 5 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Thursday through Saturday: 5 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Shuttle Staging Locations
- North Route – southwest corner of University Avenue and 57th Street
- South Route – in front of Ellis Garage across from Ratner Athletics Center
- East Route – in front of Ellis Garage across from Ratner Athletics Center
- Central Route – southwest corner of University Avenue and 57th Street
- 5 p.m. to midnight – Each route operates on approximate wait time of 15 minutes
- Midnight to close – Frequency is reduced to every 30 minutes. Shuttles will leave the hub on the hour and half-past the hour
- For all routes, the final departure from the transit hub is at 3:30 a.m. Sunday through Wednesday, and at 5:30 a.m. Thursday through Saturday
The UGo NightRide shuttles are continually monitored and evaluated to provide the best, most useful service. Riders are invited to offer feedback on the UGo NightRide Shuttle program to email@example.com.
Additionally, any students, faculty, or staff members can use the Safety Escort Program, a service offered by the University of Chicago Police Department. Anyone concerned about their safety can call the UCPD at 773.702.8181 and the next available patrol or security officer will respond to escort you to your destination.
South Loop Shuttle
The South Loop Shuttle departs Friday and Saturday nights from 57th Street and University Avenue and drops off at the south entrance of Roosevelt Station in the South Loop. The shuttle from the South Loop back to campus picks up riders at the same place, the south entrance of Roosevelt Station. The shuttle departs campus beginning at 6 p.m., every hour on the hour through midnight. The shuttle leaves Roosevelt Station beginning at 6:30 p.m., every hour on the half hour through 12:30 a.m.
Use Roosevelt Station to connect to Red, Green, and Orange line trains and several CTA bus routes. Visit transitchicago.com for more information. Show your UChicago ID or University of Chicago Medicine ID to ride the free South Loop Shuttle.
Please note: the South Loop Shuttle does not operate during academic breaks.