To help ensure your safety as you travel around campus, the neighboring areas, and the Chicago area, keep in mind the following tips:
- Stay alert
- Focus on your surroundings
- Eliminate the use of your cell phone or other personal electronic devices
- Keep your belongings close to you and never leave your property unattended
- Never allow a stranger to use your cell phone
- At night, walk in groups, use the NightRide shuttle service, or ride CTA buses
The UCPD offers many services free of charge to help keep you safe. Call 773.702.8181 if you need jumper cable assistance, a child seat installed properly, or a Safety Escort while walking around the greater campus area.