Parking permits are available to faculty, staff, and students (by year) on a first come, first served basis. Transportation & Parking Services reserves the right to limit the number of students in any given lot. First year students are not permitted to purchase a parking permit. Payment of permit parking fees entitles the individual access to the parking lot, but does not guarantee that a parking space will always be available. To accommodate the parking needs of special events, the University reserves the right to close parking lots and temporarily re-assign permit holders to another lot. Advance notice will be given in such instances.
Transportation & Parking Services maintains wait lists when a lot sells out of permits. To add your name to the parking wait list, fill out the Parking Permit Wait List Form or visit the Parking Office, 5525 South Ellis Avenue, Suite 171. Those on the Parking Permit Wait List will be notified by email when a spot opens in the preferred lot. You will have two weeks to claim and complete the permit transfer. Payment for the permit will begin as of the date of notice.
Permits can be purchased on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis. Permits can be paid for by check, credit card (Visa/MasterCard only), payroll deduction, or a Form 62. To apply for a parking permit, please fill out and return the parking application. It is the permit holder's responsibility to renew or cancel their parking permit. All permits expire on the date indicated on the permit hangtag. There is also a $25 penalty fee for any renewals made after the expiration date.
Parking permit rates are as follows, as of October 1, 2017:
- $215/month: Lexington
- $105/month: Ellis Garage, Judd, International House, McGiffert House
- $105/month: Wells, Faculty Apartments, Woodlawn Social Services Center, Edelstone, Law, 1155/Harris, Kimbark, Chapin, 6054/Kenwood, Dorchester
Parking rates include required City of Chicago and Cook County parking taxes.
The permit holder cannot sell, transfer, or give the permit to another person. Permit holders are responsible for making all payments for parking permits. Failure to do so will result in discontinued access to the parking lot.
- The permit must be displayed from your rearview mirror while in your assigned lot
- Vehicles not displaying the parking permit will be ticketed on the first offense
- It is the responsibility of the permit holder to notify Transportation & Parking Services of any change in name, contact information, vehicle information, employment/student status, or department
- If your permit is lost or stolen, you may obtain a replacement from the Parking Office. The cost to replace a permit is $35
Permit holders and visitors acknowledge, by use of the parking system, the authority of the University’s Transportation & Parking Services to regulate and enforce parking at the University. In using the parking system, permit holders and visitors affirm that they will act in compliance with the University’s parking regulations.
While the University of Chicago Police Department patrols the parking lots, a parking permit does not include or imply security protection for your vehicle. The University assumes no responsibility for theft of, from, or damage to any vehicle.
Permit holders will receive notification when it is time to renew their permit. For this reason, it is important that all permit holders’ contact information is accurate. To ensure your contact information is accurate, please log into your account with your CNET ID and password. The site will allow you to do the following:
- Enter or change your vehicle information
- Update your contact information
- Pay any parking tickets
- Purchase your parking permit
If you need assistance logging into your account, please email email@example.com.