To help reduce the number of single occupancy vehicles on campus, the University offers a Carpool Program. To qualify as a carpool, there must be a minimum of two qualified participants. With two qualified participants the carpool will receive a parking permit for half the regular cost. If there are three or more qualified participants the carpool will receive a free parking permit. To be a qualified participant you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a full-time University student living off campus; University faculty or staff member; or University of Chicago Medicine employee working at least 20 hours a week; or temporary University employee working full-time.
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Own a vehicle registered in your name
- Turn in any current parking permits
- Enroll in payroll deduction (University and University of Chicago Medicine faculty and staff members only)
- Once all required information has been submitted to the Parking Office, participants will be notified within 10 business days of the status of the carpool. Only carpools registered through the Parking Office can benefit from the incentives offered
All carpools are subject to proper parking and must follow all rules and regulations related to parking on campus. This includes not having more than one registered carpool car in the lot (exception is Occasional Parking participants).