Medical Center employees
provide information to a visitor.
The University of Chicago Medical Center Public Safety and Security Department is committed to providing a safe and secure educational and working environment for students, faculty, staff, patients, and visitors. Through progressive training and ethical conduct, our department provides and maintains the delivery of quality services. We are committed to excellence and diversity. Our organizational values are reflected in our mission statement and are carried out by all members of our department.
The involvement of the community is critical to the success of our efforts. We constantly seek input and would like to know and understand how we can better serve you as a member of our community.
We challenge each member of our community to always practice good personal safety habits, discourage careless practices and behavior, and promptly report any suspicious activity. Prevention is the key to reducing crime in any community.
The University of Chicago Medical Center Public Safety and Security Department is a trained professional organization dedicated to the protection and security of the medical center and its diverse community.
To fulfill this mission we will:
• Deliver superior law enforcement services with integrity and pride.
• Respect and safeguard the dignity and rights of all individuals.
• Demonstrate respect toward the people we serve and one another
to maintain an environment of trust.
• Develop partnerships with all segments of our community through
effective communication and collaboration.
• Carefully select and maintain a well-trained,
educated and professional staff.
• Accept individual responsibility and accountability for our actions.